Frequently Asked Questions
The report is made available to you immediately on screen after you make payment.
Firstly, please ensure that your personal details are correct and your credit card information is valid. If there is still a problem please Contact us and we will help you as soon as possible.
You Check will include the following
- Vehicle Description – Your Check will list the vehicle information registered with the DVLA. Including, year of manufacture and date of first registration in the UK. Also, the number of previous keepers registered and the date of last keeper change
- Number Plate Change- Where the vehicle has had one or more number plate changes, you will be advised of each previous registration plate and the date it was applied to the vehicle.
- Outstanding finance – If there’s a loan or finance agreement on the vehicle. We’ll also provide information on finance type, date of agreement, finance company and contact details
- Reported/recorded stolen – If the vehicle is currently recorded as stolen with the police
- Insurance write-off – If the vehicle has been too badly damaged to be repaired safely or economically. Has the insurance company declared the vehicle a total loss? Our Check will provide these details.
- MOT History – Where available we provide information directly from the DVLA from every MOT test, including mileage, advisory notes and the final pass/fail status
- Imported/Exported – It can be difficult to find out information on the history of the imported vehicle due to its registration in the UK. It can be difficult to buy replacement parts for an import and the cost of insurance for an imported vehicle is much higher. An exported vehicle should not be in the country which can raise questions about the identity of the vehicle, it may be cloned. You would also have problems insuring a vehicle which should not be in the UK.
- Recall Data – We check with the DVSA and DVLA if the vehicle has had any previous recalls or any outstanding recalls.
Information provided in your check comes from a variety of sources. These include: the DVLA, Society of Motor Manufacturers & Traders (SMMT), the Police, The Association of British Insurers, and numerous finance companies.
No, Direct Car Check only reports vehicle registered with the DVLA and DVA.
If the vehicle comes up as stolen, you should not proceed with the purchase unless we can give you the all clear. If there is any confusion you should contact the police immediately.
Direct Car Check will provide details of the companies involved and give you a reference number so you can contact them directly. A settlement can usually be agreed between the seller, the finance house and the purchaser(you).
This will show every legitimate plate change since April 1990. You are advised not to buy a car until it has been given the all clear under all its previous plates.
DCC Website security and information
Protecting your information is our utmost priority. We utilize Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to protect all personal information including your card number, name and address when ordering a report from our web.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. User information is only used to support the checks we provide to you. This use includes, but is not limited to order fulfillment, customer service, billing, collections and other similar. Except as noted otherwise, user information will not be shared with third parties for any purpose.
If you can’t find the answer that you are looking for, please e-mail your question to firstname.lastname@example.org